Schools Outdoor Education Gear List 2018
- Please ensure to enter the student's name in the box provided above the "Add To Cart" button
How to Order:
The table below contains the products available on the Equipment list.
- Have a look through the product list.
- Make a note of the items you require and their relevant size if applicable.
- Go to the section towards the top of the page titled "Customise your purchase". Here you can select the quantity and size (if applicable) of the items you require.
- When you are happy with your selections scroll to the bottom of that section and enter the student's name in the box provided.
- Click on the "Add to cart" button.
- To proceed to checkout click the "Shopping Cart" button at the top right of the page. You will be taken to your shopping cart page
- Click the "Checkout Now" button to proceed with payment.
NOTE - Orders made through this page will be sent to the Student once all orders have been recieved.
Schools Gear List:
One Planet High Plains
- Price: $430.00
This is a Custom pack designed especially for the school's outdoor education programme. It has a fully adjustable harness so it will grow with your child. It's as tough as they come and extremely comfortable.
- Exact Fit harness for comfort and adjustability
- Waterloc canvas fabric for excellent weather protection
- and UV resistance
- High-density foam in the hipbelt and shoulder straps
- Non-slip webbing on shoulder and hipbelt straps
- Large, chunky-tooth YKK zip (#10) in the lid pocket
- All main seams are twin stitched and reinforced with bar tacks
- Twin side water bottle pockets
- Nylon non-crack buckles
- Back length guidelines:
- Short: 370 - 410mm
- Medium: 410 - 460mm
- Long: more than 460mm
Osprey Volt 75
- Price: $260.95
Light weight, simple, torso adjustable hiking pack offering excellent value for money.
- Torso length adjustment for excellent fit
- Adjustable length dual density hipbelt
- Hooped frame provides excellent load transfer to hipbelt
- Toploading design with extendible lid
- Lower compartment for storing sleeping bag
- Zippered lid pocket and side stretch bottle pockets
- Side compression straps for load stabilisation
- Sleeping pad straps at base of pack
- Pack body is made of 210-denier double ripstop nylon and base is made of 600-denier polyester.
Pack Rain Cover
- Price: $35.95
For off track or remote hiking or trekking this pack cover is ideal. A lightweight 70D Nylon body offers a great combination of durability in scrub, low weight and excellent value. The pack cover has been contoured to fit most walking packs and is packable into a compact size when not in use.
- Lightweight and durable, great value pack cover
- Contoured for walking packs
- Packs away into a compact stuff sack
- Suitable for 70L Pack
Kimba Lite Rain Jacket
- Price: $179.95
The Kimba Lite is a lightweight, waterproof, breathbable and packable rain jacket and would suit both hiking and travel. It has a stylish cut and features reflective trim for added visibility once the sun goes down. When not in use the jaclet packs conveniently into it's own pocket. The Kimba Lite Jacket has also been Duke of Edinburgh approved.
Waterproof Breathable Bushwalking Jacket
- Price: $314.95
A traditional, all purpose, 3/4 length bushwalking jacket. This jacket has a range of features to provide superior, reliable, long term, bad weather protection. High quality, durable zip with storm flap for added wind and rain protection. Fully adjustable storm hood with peak. Constructed from 3 layer, waterproof, breathable laminate with tough face fabric designed to keep you more comfortable and dry across a wider range of conditions and providing higher levels of durability compared to regular PU coated waterproof jackets. Fully seam sealed. Hook and loop adjustment on the cuffs. Cut provides excellent freedom of movement.
Waterproof Jacket - Rainbird Cascade
- Price: $55.00
The Cascade is waterproof and fully seam sealed. It is light and packs down very small. Useful features include a stowaway hood, air vents at the back and large storage pockets. A wide placket protects the centre zip.
- Polyester P.U.
- Fold away hood
- Large storage pockets
Scarpa Terra Gore-Tex Hiking Boots
- Price: $275.95
The Scarpa Terra GTX is an entry level walking boot ideal for hill walkers looking for waterproof protection and comfort
The Terra is made from oiled full grain leather which offers good support and protection while walking the trails. The upper design and construction provides instant comfort from the box and it’s also got a Gore-tex® (performance comfort footwear) lining which is breathable and ensures the wet stays out. Grip is provided by the new light weight Energy sole unit which keeps you firmly planted on the path.
Sleeping Bag - One Planet Sac -1
- Price: $153.00
- Weight: 1040g
- Fill Type: Thermolink
- Shell Fabric: 30 denier Vapour Vent
- Shape: Tapered rectangular
- Foot type: 3D taper
- Temperature ratings (ºC): 4 comfort, -1 limit of comfort, -16 extreme
- Season rating: 2/3
- Possible uses: General use, 2/3 season travel and camping
- Size (user height x shoulder circumference, cm): 187 x 160
Self-Inflating Hiking Mattress
- Price: $79.95
This self inflating mattress provides essential comfort and insulation from the ground while camping. To inflate simply open the valve and unroll the mattress and air is drawn in to the foam core. A few additional breathes can be used to fine tune the firmness of the mat. This mat will be more durable, comfortable and provide better insulation than the cheaper closed cell foam mat.
Closed Cell Foam Hiking Mattress 10mm Thickness
- Price: $20.65
These 10mm thick bedrolls cannot leak, are very lightweight and and can be used in temperatures as low as -70 deg C.
Features Include: Fine, even cell-structure – gives consistant appearance and performance, Highly cross-linked – makes the foam stronger, Excellent tear strength. Although the closed sell mat does provide some degree of comfort and insulation from the ground, it will not be as effective as a self inlating mattress
Princeton Tec Sync Headlamp
- Price: $54.95
Producing over 90 Lumens of light the Princeton Tec Sync is a compact and powerful LED headlamp. It features two White LEDs and a single Red LED, Multiple modes and lighting patterns provide optimum lighting for distant and close up use. It has a maximum range of 58m and maximum burn time of 150 hours. The Sync take 3 AAA batteries (included).
Auscam Giggle Hat
- Price: $9.95
Made from 100% cotton with metal breather eyelets and handy hat band
- Price: $22.50
Perfect for keeping warm on colder evenings and during winter. This thinsulate beanie provides excellent warmth for it weight, is quick drying and packs away small when not being worn
- Price: $31.45
The body hugging 4-way Polartec Powerstretch fabric provides a snug fit and has control dot palms for outstanding grip. Lightweight insulation with a wind resistant outer surface helps hands stay warm in windy conditions, ideal to be worn alone or under shell for extreme conditions.
Thermal Top - Polypropylene Thermal Crew Neck Top
- Price: $40.00
Warmth & Comfort Without Bulk
Intertrek polypropylene is soft, warm and comfortable to wear. The Fibre has the highest insulation power of any fibre, is non-allergenic and does not itch. The garment is cut for 'ultra action'. It hugs the body and moves wherever you move. Intertrek polypropylene garments are highly compact and effective clothing, giving warmth without bulk. Polypropylene has the lowest specific weight (0.91 g/cm) of all textile fibres and is 40% lighter than cotton. You get maximum warmth for minimum weight.
Thermal Long Johns - Polypropylene Thermal Long Pant
- Price: $40.00
Warmth & Comfort Without Bulk
Intertrek polypropylene is soft, warm and comfortable to wear. The Fibre has the highestinsulation power of any fibre. is non-allergenic and does not itch. The garment is cut for 'ultra action'. It hugs the body and moves wherever you move. Intertrek polypropylene garments are highly compact and effective clothing, giving warmth without bulk. Polypropylene has the lowest specific weight (0.91 g/cm) of all textile fibres and is 40% lighter than cotton. You get maximum warmth for minimum weight.
- Price: $22.00
Synthetic, wicking liner Sock designed for warm conditions.
Aids in reducing rubbing and blisters
- S - Euro 31-35
- M - Euro 36 - 40
- L - Euro 41 - 45
- Price: $31.50
Comfortable, well fitting socks, padded at heal and toe. Ideal for hiking
- Area with medium density structure and additional Lycra ® support.
- Extra strength toe and heel reinforcement.
- Double weave.
- Arch brace.
First Aid Kit - Equip Rec 1
- Price: $19.80
Will effectively treat small burns and minor wounds.
This kit features a clip that customers can use to clip into larger first aid kits or even attach to their belt, hand bag or back pack.
140mm X 110mm X 20mm, 55gm
- Emergency action card
- Antiseptic wipes X2
- Surgical blade
- Sterile gauze swabs X2
- Cotton tips
- Iodine swabs X3
- Normal saline 30ml
- Elastic gauze bandage (5cmX4m)
- Flexible active strips X10
- Knuckle dressing
- Absorbent non-adherent dressing (7.2X5cm) X2
- Burn aid gel sachet
Quick Dry Towel
- Price: $31.45
Super absorbent, quick drying, compact microfibre towel ideal for hiking and travel.
- No Smell
- Light weight
- Super Absorbent
- Fast Drying
- Soft Touch
- Excellent Durability
- Tear Resistant
- Dimensions: 60cm x 120cm
Vinyl Ground Sheet
- Price: $12.75
Provides added protection beneath a tent and something to sit on at meal times
- 7 feet x 5 feet
- 100% waterproof
- Eyelets on corners
Caribee Ghana Daypack
- Price: $29.95
Lightweight, Auscam, panel loading daypack.Made from a high density 600D material with PU coating. This means a stronger than average backpack with a much softer feel
- Heavy duty Auscam material construction
- One large main compartment
- Zipped front pocket
- Bottle pocket
- Comfortable padded back with adjustable straps
- 600D PU coating fabric
- Size: 26 Litres; 42x28x22cm
Dry Bags - Set of 2
- Price: $55.00
Extremely useful for organising gear and keeping essentials dry.
- 1 x Medium Drysac 12 Litre
- 1 x Large Drysac 20 Litre
Material: 70 D Taffeta Nylon, PU coated, 10'000 mm water column
- Price: $19.95
A classic dinner set: deep dish plate, large bowl, 250ml cup, knife, fork, spoon, and a handy mesh storage bag to keep it all tidy.
- Strong and Durable
- Large volume plate
- Lightweight 6 piece set
- Mesh stuff sack included
- Measurements on cup
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- Price: $19.00
The narrow mouth makes for an easy-breezy drinking experience. The closure and bottle create a Leakproof system with no o-rings that can fall out. Bottle is dishwasher safe, just make sure the cap does not hit the heating element because if it does it will melt. All Everyday bottles are made with Eastman Tritan and are super durable and resistant to tastes and odors.
- Everyday™ Tritan™
- High impact resistance
- Resistant to staining
- Won't retain odors
- Withstands sub-freezing to boiling temperatures
- Dishwasher safe away from the heating element
- Max temperature: 100°C/212°F
- Min temperature: -40°C/-40°F
Osprey Hydraulics Lt 2.5L Reservoir
- Price: $49.95
Innovative, high quality, 2.5L hydration Bladder
- Bite Valve offers fast, smooth water delivery
- BPA Free
- Carry handle allows easy reservoir management and filling
- Easy to replace Hydraulics™ hose
- Included QuickConnect™ allows easy disconnect of the hose
- Litre markings printed on reservoir body
- Made from a tough durable TPU material
- Pour shield extends the collar for easy filling
- Removable and replaceable hose and bite valve
- Slide-seal™ top opening for easy filling and cleaning
- Welded chevron baffles prevent sloshing and maintains shape
Thermal Sleeping Bag Liner
- Price: $71.95
With a stretchy knit fabric that moves with you, the Thermolite Reactor liner is perfect for wrigglers and rollers or anyone who needs some extra warmth.
- Increases sleeping bag warmth by up to 8°C
- Made from Dupont Thermolite® fabric
- Box foot & hood design
- Stretchy & soft knit fabric
- Quick drying
- Drawstring hood
- 265gm / 9.2oz
- Price: $64.95
An essential piece of outdoor kit.
- Provides lightweight, low bulk, warmth
- Great for layering
- Synthetic material provides warmth even when damp
- Versatile garment can be used for a range of activities
- Price: $11.95
A strong lightweight aluminised foil sheet which reflects most lost body heat which makes it an essential piece of equipment in survival conditions, such as camping and mountaineering. Medical uses in retaining body heat lost after running, treating shock, etc.
- A compact lightweight blanket
- Aluminised, non-stretch polyester
- Stays flexible in freezing temperatures
- Reflects body heat back to body
- Weighs only 42.5 grams
- Size 127cm x 200cm
- Price: $14.95
It will be heard above ambient noise, the roar of engines, breaking waves and thundering gale-force winds. The chambers are designed to self-clear when submerged in water. There are no moving parts to freeze, jam or deteriorate. Colour may vary
- Design: 3-chamber pealess
- Sound Power: 115 decibels
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other www.hiking.com.au users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.