Petzl - Pirana Descender D05
Notify me when back in stock
Petzl - Pirana Decender D05
The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.
- Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent
- Two supplementary braking spurs allow friction to be varied during descent
- A carabiner with a cross section of 12 mm (e.g. ATTACHE) provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a «rigid» carabiner / descender unit
- Stays securely attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning
- When used correctly, the PIRANA prevents the formation of a lark's head hitch around the body and reduces kinks in the rope, without decreasing braking friction
- Weight: 90 g
- For use with single ropes between 8 and 13 mm in diameter
- Can be used on double ropes, but certain braking positions may not be usable depending on the ropes' diameter
- For use with a locking carabiner having a 12 mm cross section (ATTACHE or WILLIAM)
- 3-year guarantee
Petzl's roots lie in the desire of its founders to serve one passion: exploration. Since its beginnings in caving, the company’s mission has remained constant: to offer practical solutions that allow people to progress. Today that pioneering spirit, passion for exploration and ethic have not changed. More than forty years later, Petzl continues to invent products and provide solutions that allow sports enthusiasts and professionals to access some of the most inaccessible places, both day and night.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other www.hiking.com.au users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.