Petzl Dynamic Climbing Single Rope Mambo 10.1mm
10.1 mm diameter single rope for gym or crag climbing
The MAMBO 10.1 single rope has a 10.1 mm diameter for greater versatility and ease of use in the gym or at the crag. This rope has a thick sheath for greater durability and better control.
Diameter appropriate for gym or crag use
Greater longevity and ease of use:
- thick sheath provides excellent abrasion resistance
- UltraSonic Finish: the core and the sheath are bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process called UltraSonic Finish; gives greater durability and avoids frayed ends
- ClimbReady coil: specific coil makes the rope ready for use; helps the user avoid initial uncoiling mistakes and increases longevity
More effective belaying:
- low static and dynamic elongation
- diameter facilitates belay device usage
- Middle Mark: indicates the middle of the rope to facilitate maneuvers
- EverFlex treatment: special thermal treatment stabilizes the core strands and improves consistency; offers excellent grip and consistent handling over time
Diameter: 10,1 Millimetre
Rope type: (CE EN 892, UIAA): single rope
Weight per meter: 65 Gram
Percentage of sheath: 37 Percent
Number of factor 1,77 falls: 7
Static elongation: 8,5 Percent
Dynamic elongation: 34 Percent
Impact force: 8,5 KiloNewton
Construction: 40 carrier
Use a rope bag.
When the rope is in contact with the ground, dirt gets into the rope and accelerates wear. The rope bag keeps the rope off the ground. A rope bag also removes the need for coiling: it is stored stacked, which helps reduce twists.
A rope should not be stored wet.
Before storing, it should be dried in a ventilated area, away from UV.
Chaining the rope for efficient drying.
Do not store a rope in a car trunk in the heat.
Keep your rope far away from chemicals.
The most dangerous chemicals are acids (beware of battery acid, for example).
Alternate usage between the two ends to limit twists and wear on just one end.
Avoid rubbing against edges and avoid positioning the rope in a crack when rappelling.
Rope-on-rope or rope-on-webbing friction is forbidden.
Petzl Dynamic Climbing Single Rope Mambo 10.1mmBy: john on 7 January 2016great rope excellent handling and great price,cheers guys for the recomendation.