Nikwax - Down Wash
Wash-in cleaner for down filled gear. Safely revitalises breathability and water-repellency
Benefits of using this product
It prolongs the life of gear and optimises outdoor performance
Revitalises loft and insulation, without damaging the structure of the down
It maintains breathability
It maintains original water-repellency
It’s easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine
Suitable for use on all fabrics, including technical textiles
It lifts out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes
Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage ‘wetting-out’
It will remove detergent residues left behind by previous washes
WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
Does not contain fluorocarbons
All feather-filled / down clothing and equipment
How to apply
Use neat Down Wash to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use detergents.
Machine Wash for down clothing only:
1. Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
2. Place item in washing machine (maximum 1 item).
3. Use 150ml in medium/hard water* areas and 100ml in soft water areas.
4. Wash according to care label, preferably on low setting and slow spin.
Hand Wash for down clothing and 1-2 season** sleeping bags:
1. Use gloves. Immerse item(s) in hand-hot water in bowl or bathtub. For clothing use 150ml in medium/ hard water* areas and 100ml in soft water areas for 1-2 items.
2. For sleeping bags use 150ml in 4cm deep water in a bathtub.
3. Agitate to mix, leave to soak for 5-10 minutes, then agitate thoroughly.
4. Rinse clothing in cold water until water runs clear. For sleeping bags repeat process, drain and gently press bag to expel excess water.
Drying: Spin dry 3 times (slow spin). If care label allows tumble dry according to manufacturer's instructions on a low setting until 'clumps' have disappeared. Shaking and patting the item regularly during drying process will help restore loft to the down.
*If your kettle furs up you have hard water.
**3-4 season down sleeping bags should be professionally cleaned and waterproofed.
To waterproof use Nikwax® Down Proof. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
To clean clothing use 2 full caps (100 ml) in soft water and 3 full caps (150 ml) in hard water
To clean sleeping bags use 3 full caps (150 ml) in water (3-4 season down sleeping bags should be professionally cleaned or proofed)
When to use this product
Always apply this product to used down clothing to keep items in perfect condition. We advise cleaning items with Nikwax Down Wash before proofing them with Nikwax Down Proof. You should be able to wash reproofed garments 6 to 8 times with Nikwax Down Wash before it requires reproofing with Nikwax Down Proof
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other www.hiking.com.au users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.