Nikwax - Down Proof
Wash-in waterproofing for down-filled clothing & gear. Adds water-repellency, revives insulation and breathability.
Benefits of using this product
dds / renews water repellency and revives breathability
Maintains insulation, keeping you warm
Minimises weight gain
Prolongs the life of gear and optimises performance in wet weather
Safe to use on all feather and down garments and equipment
Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine
WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
Does not contain fluorocarbons
All feather-filled / down clothing and accessories
Recommended for Puffa
How to apply
For best results remove all non-washable parts and clean item(s) with Nikwax® Down Wash. No need to dry item before waterproofing. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions.
1. Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
2. Place clean item in washing machine (maximum 1 item).
3. Use 3 full caps (150ml) for 1 item.
4. Run 30o synthetic cycle and slow spin.
Hand Wash (use gloves):
1. Immerse clean item(s) in hand-hot water. For clothing: use 3 full caps (150ml) for 1 item in a bowl and 6 full caps (300ml) for 2 items in a bath tub. Fully submerge item(s) in water. For sleeping bags: use 6 full caps (300ml) in 4cm deep water in a bathtub.*
2. Agitate to mix, leave to soak for 5-10 minutes, then agitate thoroughly.
3. Rinse clothing in cold water until water runs clear. For sleeping bags repeat process, drain and gently press bag to expel excess water.
Drying: Spin dry 3 times (slow spin). If care label allows, tumble dry according to manufacturer’s instructions on a low setting until ‘clumps’ have disappeared. Shaking and patting the item regularly during drying process will help restore loft to the down. *3-4 season down sleeping bags should be professionally cleaned or waterproofed.
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax® Down Wash. Do not use detergents.
When to use this product
Always apply this product to used down / feather-filled clothing or accessories to keep items in perfect water-repellent condition. Remember to clean gear first with Nikwax Down Wash before applying Nikwax Down Proof (you don’t have to wait for items to dry between cleaning and proofing).
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other www.hiking.com.au users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.