MSR Sweetwater Purifier
Notify me when back in stock
MSR Sweetwater Purifier
Get the added viral protection that’s critical in popular wilderness areas and developing countries with this comprehensive purifier/microfilter system. The SweetWater Microfilter removes waterborne bacteria and protozoa, particulate, taste and odors, while the chlorine-based SweetWater Purifier Solution effectively inactivates viruses. Together they provide the most reliable water possible. It pumps easily with a 4:1 mechanical advantage, producing 1.25L per minute and can easily be cleaned in the field without tools to restore flow rates.
This system meets U.S. EPA requirements for microbiological water purifiers.
- Comprehensive Protection: Inactivates 99.99% of waterborne viruses, eliminates over 99.9999% of all waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of common protozoan parasites, such as giardia and cryptosporidia, as well as particulates.
- Fresh Tasting Water: Activated carbon core helps eliminate taste and odors.
- Iodine-free: Inactivates viruses without bad-tasting iodine.
- Easy to Use: Lever-action pump handle has a 4-to-1 mechanical advantage and dual pump action, so you don't have to work as hard.
- Lightweight: Entire system weighs just 14 ounces.
- Compact: Handle folds flat when not in use for easy packing and storage.
Made in USA
|Effective against protozoa||Yes|
|Effective against bacteria||Yes|
|Effective against viruses||Yes|
|Effective against particulate||Yes|
|Effective against chemicals/toxins||Yes|
|Weight||14 oz / 397 g|
|Width||2 in / 5 cm|
|Length||7.5 in / 19 cm|
|Filter media||Silica Depth Plus Sodium Hypochlorite|
|Filter pore size||0.2 microns|
|Flow (L/min)||1 liters per min|
|Flow (strokes per liter)||75|
|Cartridge life||750 liters|
|Country of Origin||Made in Seattle, USA|
|Water Bottle Adapter||Yes|
|Cartridge replacement indicator||Yes|
Winner of a "best of the best" 2009 Editors' Choice Award from Women's Adventure Magazine for ease-of-use and offering "extra protection and peace of mind."
MSR, for over 40 years, have manufactured high end, cutting edge, innovative products for hiking, trekking, skiing, snowshoeing and expeditions. It was established by Larry Penberthy, an engineer and climber, in the late 1960's. He was keen to investigate why climbing gear failed and began testing equipment. From the results of these tests he found he was able to design products that were stronger and functioned better than what had come before. Today MSR, now owned by Cascade Designs, still sets the standard for high performance equipment for the outdoor industry, including tents, stoves, snowshoes, cookware, water treatment, trekking poles and snow tools.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other www.hiking.com.au users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.