MSR - Elixir 3 Person Backpacking Tent
Great value, lightweight shelter
Notify me when back in stock
MSR - Elixir 3 - 3 Person Backpacking Tent
With all the features you expect from MSR, the freestanding Elixir 3 tent offers first-time (and long-time) backpackers an extremely livable, surprisingly lightweight backpacking tent at a great value. The tent design provides plenty of headroom and space for three full-size adults and their mats, two large doors for easy entry, and two large vestibules for storing gear. Balancing breathable mesh fabric with solid canopy fabric, the 3-season Elixir 3 tent provides ventilation, warmth and privacy, while the included footprint offers multiple setup options, including a freestanding Fast & Light® pitch with rainfly.
- Lightweight: Minimum weight is just 2.53 kg (5 lb 10 oz), or set up in Fast & Light® mode for 1.92 kg (4 lb 4 oz).
- Livable: Unique pole geometry optimizes headroom and fits two mats; adaptable rainfly allows for excellent views.
- Easy Access: Two large StayDry™ doors and two vestibules with optimized zipper orientation.
- Fast Setup: Freestanding system features color-coded poles, clips and webbing for fast and easy setup.
- View full list of features
- MSR® Footprint included
- Unique pole geometry creates optimizes headroom
- Star-patterned skylight allows for excellent views
- Two large, easy-entry StayDry™ doors and vestibules
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Dual rainfly vents for cross ventilation
- Mesh and solid canopy fabric for venting, warmth and privacy
- Color-coded poles, clips and webbing for easy setup
- Waterproof, taped-seam rainfly and bathtub-style floor
- Lightweight guy-outs
- Bar tack reinforced stress points
- Multiple pockets for easy organization
Video from MSR giving an overview of their Elixir 3 Tent:
MSR, for over 40 years, have manufactured high end, cutting edge, innovative products for hiking, trekking, skiing, snowshoeing and expeditions. It was established by Larry Penberthy, an engineer and climber, in the late 1960's. He was keen to investigate why climbing gear failed and began testing equipment. From the results of these tests he found he was able to design products that were stronger and functioned better than what had come before. Today MSR, now owned by Cascade Designs, still sets the standard for high performance equipment for the outdoor industry, including tents, stoves, snowshoes, cookware, water treatment, trekking poles and snow tools.
|Fast and Light Minimum Weight w/ footprint||1920g|
|Floor Area||3.67 sq. m|
|Vestibule Area||1.63 (.82 + .82) sq. m|
|Tent Volume||1784 liters|
|Vestibule Volume||510 (255 + 255) liters|
|Body Weight||2 lbs 2 oz|
|Frame Weight||730 g|
|Rainfly Weight||872 g|
|Interior Peak Height||104 cm|
|Packed Size||51 x 20 cm|
|Number of Doors||2|
|Number of Poles||1 7000 series Aluminium|
|Number of Stakes||6 Aluminium|
|Rainfly Fabric||68D ripstop polyester 1500mm Polyurethane & DWR|
|Canopy Fabric||40D ripstop nylon|
|Mesh Type||20D nylon micromesh|
|Floor Fabric||70 Taffeta nylon 3000mm DuraShield polyurethane & DWR|
|Country of Origin||Made in Taiwan|
MSR Elixir 3 Dimensions:
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other www.hiking.com.au users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.