Helinox - GL145 Walking Poles - Pair
Super durable trekking poles
Notify me when back in stock
Helinox - GL145 Trekking Poles
GL145 Walking Poles provide a “quantum leap” in trekking pole technology. Other adjustable length poles rely just on frictional resistance to carry the load. Helinox GL145 poles add “mechanical engagement” to massively boost load capacity.
Internal grooves in the tube engage positively with the patented locking mechanism to create enduring strength and toughness for the most arduous expeditions.
GL Series are the professional's choice in walking poles — Helinox GL145 poles are used by feral dog control officers in the rugged alpine region of south eastern Australia.
- Super strength of exclusive DAC TH72M alloy - the world’s lightest AND strongest
- Larger diameter (18.5 mm) for maximum strength and stiffness
- Thin wall for ultra lightweight - best performance and technique
- Exclusive advanced "groove lock" mechanism - unique to Helinox GL
- Simple and positive length adjustment with maximum load capacity
- Quality foam grips with "wicking" wrist straps
- Solidly mounted tungsten carbide tips
- Rubber tip covers supplied - suited for pavement use or storage
- Supplied with operating instructions and walking pole guidebook
- Optional larger baskets available for snow walking
- Adjustable length flexibility
- Unique "groove lock" mechanism for heavy duty load bearing.
- Simple screw lock style adjustment - minimal protrusion from the diameter of the pole.
- Length (compacted): 64.7 cm
- Length (effective in use): 110 - 145 cm
- Weight/pole: 216 gm
- To suit persons of height range 120 - 220 cm (4' to over 7'4")
Helinox is the bright new star on the outdoor adventure equipment scene - but this star has a long and highly respected history.
For more than twenty years, DAC technology has made possible outdoor adventure equipment that is stronger, lighter and more functional. The DAC name will be seen wherever the strongest and lightest weight alloy is required. Your ultra lightweight tent will have DAC poles (if it doesn’t, you should consider another tent).
The expertise gathered while making good things better is now applied to taking outdoor adventure equipment to an entirely new level of strength, function and light weight quality - the Helinox standard.
Helinox innovations reflect design input from hundreds of the world’s most active and experienced outdoor adventurers refined by the brightest and most experienced engineers and designers in the business.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other www.hiking.com.au users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.